McCook, NE

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com,ObservationCar@yahoogroups.com
Subject: McCook, NE
From: okt@j...
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:20:02 -0500
Last weekend I had to go to McCook, NE to help out a National Guard unit.
I drove in from Denver and followed the tracks most of the way.
I was pleasantly surprised at the scenery in that area of NE- canyons and
rolling hills, with lots of high bridges between the terrain features.
The fall color was coming on and it was just a beautiful area.
If I understand my CB&Q geography, this is the line that the Denver
Zephyr ran on. I'm curious if there is any other significant information
that would make visiting the area again more interesting.
I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more in print (that I've
seen any way) on this line or at least this scenic portion.
Terry

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.