Re: [BRHSlist] info on vendors

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] info on vendors
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@e...>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 10:27:00 -0500
If the junction was within yard limits it would go nowhere.
Flagging is not required unless as shown below.

Rule 93 States:

"Within yard limits, second class, extra trains, and engines may
use the main track, clearing first class trains when due to leave
the next station where time is shown, but not less than five minutes."

"Within yard limits, second class, extra trains, and engines may use
the main track without protection as prescribed by Rule 99, except
in case of failure to clear first class trains, as required, when carrying
passengers or caretakers or when handling occupied company service
cars."

"Second class, extra trains, and engines must move within yard limits
at Reduced Speed unless the main track is known to be clear.

CLEAR INDICATION OF BLOCK SIGNALS DOES NOT MODIFY
THE REQUIREMENTS OF THIS RULE."

The current rules are much different but of course there are no longer
any "classes of trains", "superiority of trains", or "reduced speed".
Have had a few recent incidents where Dispatchers have altered
rules in situations involving "priority trains", (whatever that means),
and as can be well imagined they got in a little trouble.

Some people tend to pick up the "anal retentive" personalities of
some of the Managers. I learned quite a while ago that the more
you try and manage a situation the more likely it is that something
will go wrong.

Russ