Re: [BRHSlist] FW: headlights

To: <demk@b...>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: headlights
From: "Marshall Thayer" <zephyr9903@e...>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:11:47 -0700
Cc: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Don Kosur asked:

Is there anyone that has the number styles or profiles of the numbers that
were used in the "cookoo clock" and the pyle- national headlights of
Burlington Route Locomotives? I wish to obtain copies of these numbers if
they are available.

Don -

I reproduced the style, proportion and sizes of these numerals for the recent
MicroScale decal release of CB&Q steam locomotives. While I was unable to
locate the original CB&Q lettering guides, dimensions are based upon those in
the steam locomotive lettering diagram, while other details are derived from a
large variety of photographs, to the point where I have considerable faith in
their accuracy.

If you only need this information for modeling purposes, the MicroScale sets
should satisfy your needs. If you require full-size data for restoration
purposes, please contact me directly, and I will see what I can do about
upscaling my original artwork.

The originals were prepared on CorelDraw 8. You will either need that, or a
graphics program which is capable of importing and displaying .eps format
(Extended Post Script), a universal vector graphics format in order for me to
e-mail them to you without loss of detail.

Marshall Thayer
Las Vegas, Nevada