Walther's Caboose

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Walther's Caboose
From: "Doug Harding" <dharding@c...>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 14:15:55 -0500
I saw mention of the new Walther's 3 window wood sided caboose. This
model is a GTW prototype, but in length and some other features has the
"appearance" of a CB&Q Waycar. I recently did a simple kitbash on the
CB&Q painted models to give them more "Q" identity. I rebuilt the end
railings by moving the ladder to the proper location and used brass wire
to duplicate a CB&Q end railing. I also modified the underframe to move
the bolsters toward the car center 1'6" to allow the installation of
MDC's wood beam passenger truck. While the window spacing is not correct
and the cupola is not the exact same size, the model now resembles a
NE-1, and the cost amounted to purchasing the trucks.

Doug Harding
Iowa Central Railroad
www.cal-net.net/~dharding/ <http://www.cal-net.net/~dharding/>