Re: [BRHSlist] New CB&Q E7A

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New CB&Q E7A
From: "Florian Griessenboeck" <florian@v...>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 20:15:34 +0200
Marshall,

I knew that I got something wrong.... They where E-5s! I suspected there
where more than just three B's, as they are on many photos. Then
tail-to-tail is the way.
Thanks!

Florian

> Florian,
>
> The CB&Q only owned 3 passenger B units, and they were all E-5s, with the
corrugated side panels. Modelers of other >roads may be disappointed at no
E-7B, but Burlington fans don't need 'em.

> Maybe it looked a little funny, the California Zephyr swelled with
Christmas passengers and snow in Nebraska, but it >really reminds me of the
CB&Q to remember three or four A units at the head end,
nose-to-tail-to-tail-to-tail like a >parade of elephants at the circus.
Much more character than mere B units <grin>!