Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Burlington respect
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@a...>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 15:34:50 -0500
Hard nosed Yankee (Boston) management..... necessity (frugal cash flow) was
the mother of invention and it became an integral part of the Q Corporate
Culture.
The Q was one of the leading R&D railroads, right up there with the PRR.
Aurora had a great deal of research going on in all fields of interest to
the railroad.....materials, experimental design of equipment, etc... from at
least the mid-eighties onward. It was a leader in motive power design (ever
notice that the stock Mikado and Santa Fe from Baldwin look very much like
the O1 and M1?).
Charlie