Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Illinois Central Domes

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] FW: Illinois Central Domes
From: Brad Slaney <bradslaney@w...>
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:55:17 -0700
The NP leased some dome sleepers to the Illinois Central starting in the
late 50s during the winter. These were used on the City of Miami and were
repainted from NP colors to IC's orange and brown. They were repainted to
NP colors and returned to the NP for summer use on the North Coast Limited.
This lasted for four or five years. I rode the City of Miami in December
1957 and we had one of the NP domes.

BRAD