Iowa Flood Detours

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Iowa Flood Detours
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 04:14:17 EDT
I recall under Amtrak, the Amtrak "San Francisco Zephyr" detouring between
Omaha, Pacific Junction, IA, and St. Joseph to Cameron, Mo., Quincy and on to
Chicago during heavy rains in Iowa during the 1970's, and vice versa.

I understand in the pre-BN years, this was an occasional CB&Q practice, and
in fact the Vista Dome California Zephyr had passed through North Kansas
City's Murray Yard enroute either to or from Chicago.

Does anyone have more detailed information, or a photo document of such
movements?

Thanks,

Hubert Hanrahan