Re: [BRHSlist] Eola accident

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Eola accident
From: David Hanks <davidjhanks@y...>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 10:16:47 -0700 (PDT)
I don't remember all the details of this crash, but it occured roughly next to
Austin Western. It had something to do with the one train comming out of the
yard and into the oncomming SP train. I do have video of this somewhere in my
collection. Dave Hanks
"John D. Mitchell, Jr." wrote:I too, would like to hear more about this one.
The SP
conductor that was killed was Cammel Chapius, who I
knew from his childhood. He was a fine young man, who
always wanted to be a railroader like his Dad (a MoPac
Chief Dispatcher).
John D. Mitchell, Jr.