Re: [BRHSlist] Subruban Train Consists 1951

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Subruban Train Consists 1951
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:13:41 EDT
Gerry,

I would love to see the Westbound consist as well. A few questions, though.
Does the AC column mean the converted 7100 series coaches for Suburban
Service? As far as the 6100 series coaches, I thought that there were 5 ice
a/c 6100 series cars and 4 ice a/c 4500 series cars used in suburban service.
Your sheet shows 7 on M-F service. No note of the 4500's and more of the
6100's than I am aware of. Do you know why?

Also, it seems that even the 1 and 2 car dinky's used a power car in 1951. I
was told that an E unit could provide power for a 2 car train without a power
car. In fact in later years I have seen photos of a 2 car dinky's without
the power car. It seems, though, that at this time all trains used a power
car. Comments?

Finally, since the Q only had 30 Gallery cars at this time, it appears that
20 of the cars made the trip back to Aurora and were turned again for late
night service back to Chicago. The car cleaners were hopping!

Thanks for the great consist!

Rich Gortowski