Re: Questions On Terms

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Questions On Terms
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 06:44:24 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@y..., Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...> wrote:
> Hi all.
>

> I am using the info in the book to make a list of freight trains
which
> would be running through my modeled section of the line (passenger,
mail
> etc. comes next), as well as at the time of day my operations would
be
> taking place, which would be something like 6 am - 6 pm for a 12
hour
> shift, I suppose. In other words, what would a typical "day in the
life"
> be in terms of trains running through my modeled part of the 'Q
world.

> I then went through my Burlington Route In Color books (thanks Mike
S. & Al
> H. for making them available, and yes, In Color, Volume 4 has been
> ordered) trying to match as many of the pictures up with train
numbers as
> I could. This would possibly help me see what power was used on
some of
> these trains, as well as give a hint of what some of the consist
actually
> might look like. I was surprised I didn't find near as many as I
thought I
> would but I did learn one thing - in one of the books I read that
the
> freight train numbering system on the 'Q was changed in, I believe
it said,
> October of 1968. I am now wondering if someone on the list has, or
could
> point me to something which shows the old train numbers, as well as
what
> the new numbers for them became changed to. This would possibly
help me
> match some of the older dated pics where train numbers are
mentioned to
> their post October 1968 equivalents. Does any such thing exist?
> >

> Paul Kossart - Peru, Illinois, USA
> Modeling the CB&Q & fictional Illiniwek River Valley area in the
1960's.

paul,
stupid idea here probably, but how about employee timetables from the
division you want to emulate. they came out twice a year. how about
timetables from say, 1967, 1968 and 1969 then put it all together on
a sheet of paper. the times probably did not change that much when
they renumbered the trains. some of them they just added 100, but not
on all. depends on the division.

warren