Photo's of Villisca And Clarinda Structures in the 30's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Photo's of Villisca And Clarinda Structures in the 30's
From: "allisd1701" <Richard@m...>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:34:26 -0000
I am modeling Creston to Pacific Junction pre-1950. I also plan to do
the Clarinda branch.

I received copies of the Sanborn maps for most of the towns along the
line.

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to were I might find good
photos of Structures on Villisca and Clarinda.

Structures I am looking for would be round house, coal chute, turn
tables, and any other surrounding structures.

On the 1934 Sanborn map it looks like Clarinda had a three stall
engine house and a hand powered turn table.

Villisca in 1907 had a 4 of 5 stall engine house but in 1929 the
engine house looks like it is a one stall. Can anyone thell me why
the reduction in size?

I have photo's and post cards of the depots.

Richard Morgan-fine