Re: [BRHSlist] Re: U25B's

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: U25B's
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@g...>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 13:35:00 -0600
Hi Folks:

Which motors were the BN 5200's? I don't have Pinkeypank's book handy.
They were U-something or other-B's, and they rode really rough. One day, I
hit the Clay Spur switch at track speed with one, and on about the third
"oscillation", my new head man had the toadstool sucked right out from under
him. It left him sitting on the floor in the middle of the cab :>) I was
braced between the window and the control stand. He didn't believe me when
I told him to hang on :>)

In the late '70's, we had an Assistant Super for roadways off the GN. He
said that the "Q's" good rail and six-bolt joint bars were the only thing
holding the coal business together on the Alliance Div.....the GN track
would have given up long before. It wasn't too long after that they quit
using the limestone ballast from Lien too.

Mike Decker