re: Chicago Commuter Question/OO&FR

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: re: Chicago Commuter Question/OO&FR
From: "Virginia Edgar" <vje68@h...>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 12:32:22 -0500
Bcc:

Many of you are familiar with the various RR books authored by Harold A. Edmonson. As a young man he had 2 little softbounds of interest to Q fans: 1960 (publ by Illini RR Club} "Steam on Q" (and the lesser known 1962 (publ by author) "The Steam Fan Trip". Both are identical in format/size/etc. The latter covers all midwest steam fan trips but Q takes up the most coverage (of course)! Now as to the Bi-Levels; quote: (caption of pic of car #702) Suburban coach...dbl decker coaches were built in 1950 thru "57, are used only on some fan trips out of Chicago. Seats 145 or 148." There's also a pic of Silver Dome with info & of Chief Illini (owned by Illini Club) - the only "Fan Trip Equip" featured.

Little correction to my remarks on the OO&FR - the line blt from Streator to Wenona & never part of the eventual OO&FR/CB&Q lasted quite a few yrs - was part of what became the Alton (was looking at the wrong map when I said it was probably an early abandonment).

Gerald Edgar