Term "Silver Slipper" from B&M usage?

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Term "Silver Slipper" from B&M usage?
From: "Dennis C. Henry" <dchenry@g...>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:05:53 -0500
BRHS members,

I received this question by way of a friend who has been buying old Trains
magazines from Mr. Alden Dreyer, who is a B&M retiree. Mr. Dreyer posed
this question about a term being applied to the Q's Zephyrs.

"Do you know if the term SILVER SLIPPER was ever applied to the CB&Q
Zephyrs? Or was this just a B&M term? We rails always call it the TinFish
to differenciate from the steam powered Flying Yankee. But the press liked
Silver Slipper as well."
Alden, retired B&M RTC
Alden H. Dreyer, 91 Reynolds Road, Shelburne MA 01370-9715 USA 413-625-6384

I checked to see if the name in question was every applied to a Q passenger
car, but came up with none. My guess is that Silver Slipper was a local
B&M label, but it sure is more elegant than "TinFish". Any comments?

Dennis
Dennis C. Henry, Owner and General Manager
Brass Car Sides Phone: (507) 931-2784
715 South 7th St. e-mail: dchenry@g...
St. Peter, MN 56082-1435 v-mail: (507) 933-7314
<http://www.brasscarsides.com>http://www.brasscarsides.com
Passenger Car Parts for the Streamliners - Serving the Hobby Since 1978