Re: [BRHSlist] information

To: budapest@g..., BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] information
From: WPDiven@a...
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 21:45:16 EDT
In a message dated 6/5/02 5:11:21pm, budapest@g... writes:

<< Can anyone shed light on the story of actor Sterling Hayden obtaining a Q
private car? I believe he bought it from the Burlington in the 1950's or
early sixties......can anyone assign a date to this transaction? I have
stories told by the crews involved but nothing concrete. I believe he lost
it to the government for non-payment of taxes? >>

Greetings all:

My recollection is Hayden was still fighting with the feds over the tax issue
when the car, sitting on a siding (in California?), was vandalized, perhaps
set on fire. The damage was bad enough the car was scrapped. I believe I
have a clip on this in my files although a quick search has not produced it.

Regards,

Bill Diven