Re: [BRHSlist] More fonts

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] More fonts
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@i...>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 20:15:45 +1200
Rich

My note only had the two font names and nothing else - not even an indexed
reference point!

Looking through The Color Guide, there appears to be two main styles used on
both passenger and freight equipment (plus the one used with the cascade
green scheme). The older style with serifs appears to be similar to RR
Roman with minor differences, such as the ampersand (&) and with all strokes
of the letter being even, whilst the newer block style seems to have
appeared with the introduction of Chinese red, post 1958.

In addition, there appears to have been many variations used when
restencilling equipment, especially MOW cars (see pages 117-8 for a quick
variety including mixed fonts), as if each crew chose their favourite style.
But my query was for the two basic ones.

(I'm secretly amazed that The List has discussed paint colours to exhaustion
over the years but never fonts)

Rupert