Re: [BRHSlist] Livestock Trains

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Livestock Trains
From: "Russell Strodtz" <vlbg@p...>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:42:17 -0500
Doug/Ray,

The CB&Q only used a small number series for freight train numbers.
The were constantly repeated from route to route.

Between 60 and 99 there are only 40 possible numbers and they had
to cover all thru and local freights. For example there was a #97
from Clyde to Savanna and a #97 from Willis Yard to Savanna.
There was also a mixed train from Ft Madison to Birmingham as #97.
Creston to Cumberland was #97

On a few branch lines they did get into the 100-120 series but these
were generally Motor Cars that made more than one trip per day or
that had different schedules on different days of the week.

Russ