Pullman

To: brhslist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Pullman
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 22:46:47 EDT
This months issue of Classic Trains has an interesting article about a
Pullman conductor on the Super Chief. Of course it brought many unanswered
questions to mind. Can anyone point me to a good source of detailed info on
Pullman operations(I already have "NIght Trains"). Looking for something that
will detail pay schedules,work agreements,etc. The comment by the subject
Conductor that he was gone 5 days for a round trip to L..A. and then off 7
just cries out for more detail.
Imagine a 2,000 mile "long pool"!
Anybody know if dining car waiters,stewards,porters and chair car attendants
had similar work schedules?
Leo