Strange Train

To: BRHSList <brhslist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Strange Train
From: Bryan Howell <tubaman21@y...>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 19:53:20 -0700 (PDT)
Hi.

I was traveling to Chicago today on 55 and I saw an
interesting train and I wondered if anyone could shed
some light on it. It was in the area that my dad
refers to as "The Panhandle." For those of you who
know the Chicago area it is near Palaski where the
tracks make a triangle over the highway with an
interlocking tower at the south corner of the
triangle. Anyways, it was headed by a GP-? Santa Fe,
followed by 5-6 boxcars and/or stacks, and then 3
buiseness cars with Burlington Northern Santa Fe
across the letterboards, and it was rounded off with a
BN caboose. My questions are, what was this train,
and if any of those Buisiness Cars were X-CBQ. I am
suspicious that the one in the middle was because it
had a platform at the rear end of the car. I was
unable to see any names on the cars, so that is why I
don't know. If anyone knows anything, the info would
be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

=====
Bryan J. Howell