Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Chineese Red 40 foot boxcars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Chineese Red 40 foot boxcars
From: "B.J. de Vries" <ben1.vries@p...>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:54:00 +0200
Hi John,
In the Summer 1983 (Vol.13, No 4) issue of Model Railroading magazine is a
picture of C&S 1317 in plain chinese red
with only a black&white logo (car w. late improved dreadnought end and
7-panel Superior door) and of (heavely weathered)
C&S 1460 in chinese red and large BURLINGTON to left of door and multi-color
herald w. white horizontal stripes and
"Way of the Zephyrs" to right of the (5-panel Superior) door. There is also
a picture of 50' C&S #911 in same color scheme.
Hope this is of help.
Ben de Vries, Holland