Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger Rosters

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Passenger Rosters
From: SilvrDome@a...
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 02:28:20 EDT
Stephen,

I visited Bluff Yard near Minneapolis/St. Paul after purchasing some Pullman
hardware from BN's Como Shops in the late seventies. I'd say 1978. BN had
put out to pasture quite a few passengers cars that Amtrak had not purhcased.
Including a 1953 Budd Burlington Diner (complete with sand fill covers....a
detail for spotting 1953 cars). She looked pretty sad with the glass smashed
in all windows, the venetian blinds flapping in the breeze. The etched glass
panels in the dining room were also smashed and destroyed. It was either
Silver Inn (2.0) or Silver Manor, neither of which made it to Amtrak.
Unfortunately someone had removed the stainless steel name panels from the
side of the car. Perhaps they have been saved by someone.

I would imagine all the cars at bluff yard that day that did not make it into
BN work train service were most likely scrapped.

I'm also curious about the Silver Feast (sister to Silver Salver) built for
the Vista Dome Twin Zephyr. I'm not sure what happened to that car.

Hopefully someone out there has more information.

Hubert