Re: Streator Meet

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Streator Meet
From: "bill_og" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:34:51 -0000
I also thought that it was a great meet. There were more interesting
things at the swap meet than I could possibly buy in one day!

I enjoyed Don Lamb's presentation and will look at book stores for
any of his books. I had just read overton's book last summer & fall
(yes, took me 6 months).

I also really enjoyed the Streatorland Historical Museum both due to
the RR aspect and due to my mother-in-law being from there. Her
father had worked at Owens-Illinois his whole career. Her parents
funerals had been at the St. Stevens church around the corner from
the PNA building. For my wife, I bought all of the books offered by
the Museum, including the Slovak-American Cookbook to get the recipe
for the apricot/nut rolls that Grandma Chismar made for the
holidays.

Unfortunately, I speent so much time at the museum and looking around
town that I missed the clinics.

I did find some neat 1/64 and 1/48 ag loads at a tractor dealer in
Henry on the way there.

Thanks for a great meet.

Bill H.