Fwd: [Midrail] Re: "Q" Centennial Cutoff questions

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [Midrail] Re: "Q" Centennial Cutoff questions
From: kczephyr@a...
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:19:38 EDT
If you can provide Steve with the answers to the questions posed to him,
please reply directly to him, as well as the list. sedwards4@k...

Thanks,
Bill

redfusee wrote:

> Been a while since I have explored the BN line between Brookfield and
> Maxwell Junction. Curious to know:
>
> 1) Still jointed rail?
> 2) Crew change point east of KC?
> 3) Status of Brookfield - "operator" on duty? - still a storage area
> for unique/old MW cars and stored/BO cars? - old roundhouse still
> there?
> 4) A rundown of movements would also be nice to have - I heard most
> if not all the SSW trains have now been moved to the ATSF.
>
> I'll be heading that way this spring to check out the branchline to
> the Thomas Hill electric plant.

Well, I can at least answer part of this ....

1) Welded Rail
2} dunno for sure ... probably either Brookfield or Hannibal.
3) dunno about operator, but the last time I was at Brookfield there was
still an assortment of unique/old MW cars. The roundhouse on the west end of
the yards appears to have been torn down for some time, although some of the
tracks are still in place.
4) movements are sporadic at best ... usually manifest freight

Steve