RE: [BRHSlist] Re: Lyons Belt Rwy. and Riverside.

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Re: Lyons Belt Rwy. and Riverside.
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:33:24 -0600
Thanks Denny for earlier memories than I have of the area. I think the
traces of the tracks in the Forest Preserve may have been buried under the
ROW of 1st Avenue.... and the balloon loop of the connection lost under the
streets and houses of the residential area south and east of the Hollywood
station.
I seem to remember seeing a reference somewheres to the Q having a Freight
Station at Lyons, Illinois..... any ideas???
I am sorry to hear that your exploration in the Forest Preserve was not as
fruitful as mine turned out to be....50 years later I found that I had
discovered the Chicago, Millington & Western ROW, although this was denied
by all the adults I talked to at the time!
Charlie