Re: [BRHSlist] Modern operations

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Modern operations
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@a...>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 00:04:37 -0800
Bob,

So the brakeman in now a brakeperson? Is that because there are only 2 people
in a train crew and one or both could be a woman? J

What is a grain unit in the context ".usually includes unit grain pickups and
setouts since few elevators have room for entire grain units on one track."?

I assume that ".blocks or separated into blocks on different tracks." consists
of a group of cars that are all going to the same destination and a train may
consist of several different blocks going to different destinations, right?

What do you mean by ". block swapping." and ".yard to yard transfer jobs."?

How do you ".have the road crews exchange blocks online..."? Just set a block
out on a siding or interchange track?

What is an ".Intermodal trains."?

When you say ".most yard switching is done with two men on the ground and a
beltpack controlled locomotive." does that mean it's a remote controlled
locomotive without a human onboard? They don't let those thing out on the main
line do they??

John Lee referenced the B.L.E. which I assume is the Brotherhood of Locomotive
Engineers but what is U.T.U.?

Bob