Re: [BRHSlist] Eola

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Eola
From: "VLBG" <VLBG@s...>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:16:08 -0600
Leo,

The connection to Austin Western came in from the East side a little ways up
the yard lead. They had their own locomotive. There was no connection
at the West end of that property. At the West end there was Farnsworth Ave.
and that was the end of the building where their offices were. Had a number
of tracks at the McClure road end and a lot of the fenced in area to the
South
of the building was either just open land or had stored materials sitting on
the ground.

I do have a shot of their unit parked in that area. Tried to get a Dealer
that
I knew to buy it but they did not want a Whitcomb. Anyone know what
happened to it?

The Aurora lead dead ended in a scrap yard. Is that company still there?
What happened to the LP gas place along Eola Rd? I'm pretty sure I can
recall when that track was new. It came off the EJ&E connection to
12 & 13 but we switched it.

Don't see why they couldn't bring 1,3, & 4, (looks like 2 is gone) West
right through the Slag Hole to McClure Road and then move the connection
to Main whatever as far West as possible. For that matter, I know that
there is room for more tracks under the EJ&E, (when the bridge was built
there were four main tracks there), and the lead and the connection to the
Main could be moved East at that end.

I'm sure you could think of other possible configurations but the main
point would be to have some long tracks and get the trains off the Mains.

Russ