RE: [BRHSlist] Use of Feedwater Heaters on the Burlington

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Use of Feedwater Heaters on the Burlington
From: "John D. Mitchell, Jr." <cbqrr47@y...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 13:02:57 -0800 (PST)
Thermic Syphons were funnel shaped tubes, that ran
down from the crown sheet in the firebox to the bottom
of the back tube sheet or the throat sheet (on boilers
with combustion chambers). They improved the
circulation of water and provided better heat transfer
Again, they raised the thermal efficency of the
boiler.
John D. Mitchell, Jr.