Williams O-Gauge CB&Q Heavyweight Coaches

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Williams O-Gauge CB&Q Heavyweight Coaches
From: "bill_og" <haywarb@b...>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 18:31:04 -0000
FYI.

Williams Electric Trains (www.williamstrains.com)has listed on their
website 60' and 72' Burlington Madison-style heavyweight coaches.
The illustration indicates that both sets are green with black roofs
& underbodies and with gold ribbon lettering. I can not tell what
the coach numbers are. The cars have black silhouette passengers in
the window strips and the cars are lighted.

The 60' (runs on O-31) set comes with a baggage, 2 coaches, and an
observation car for MSRP= $190. An add-on coach & combine set has
MSRP= $110.

The 72' (runs on 0-42 ?) set comes with a baggage, 2 coaches, and an
observation car for MSRP= $250. An add-on coach & diner set has
MSRP= $140.

As far as I know, these are the only CB&Q heavyweight passenger cars
ever offered in O-gauge. These may look nice behind Lionel's 2000
CB&Q Jr. Hudson #4000 which was offered only in a freight set (only
CB&Q Hudson mass produced in O-gauge). MTH-RailKing's CB&Q 0-8-0
might also be a good loco for these cars. Maybe Williams will
announce their Hudson, Berkshire, or some other steamer in CB&Q
livery soon.

Williams is also currently offering CB&Q diesel locomotives in E7
(very nice prototypical paint Zephyr scheme), F7 (silver/red stripe
Zephyr scheme), GP9 (both prototypical "blackbird" scheme and
reproduction of Lionel's 1950s silver/red scheme), GP38 ("redbird"),
and 44-tonner (reproduction of Lionel's 1950s scheme). They also
have green and red CB&Q boxcars and a "blackbird" caboose. They also
have CB&Q silver streamlined cars in 60' & 72' with black ribbon
lettering & all cars named "Blackhawk".

FYI only. I am not an employee, stockholder, dealor, or vendor for
Williams.

Enjoy.

Bill H.