Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Walthers 52 seat coaches

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Walthers 52 seat coaches
From: hansons@b...
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:32:02 -0600
Quoting drale99@a...:
> So what do you do with guys like me who order them with Burlington lettering
> and run them behind an old E-7 and think they have a Burlington train?

Well, DRale - I think that your E7 train would look great. You know, I've
never yet taken the time to count the seats in a Burlington streamline coach
going by in a timetable consist. But, for that matter, I couldn't tell you
right now how many seats or windows the prototype car(s) had without consulting
my library. Kinda' like the cylinders and swing hangers on the trucks...as
long as it has passenger trucks with the correct number of wheels and they look
good, I'm usually pretty well satisfied - and - I have never had anyone point
out any incorrect truck details on my (or anyone else's) equipment.

In all honesty, I admire the modelers who have a sincere desire to be
protypically correct in every aspect; but I have neither the time nor the
inclination to do perfect replications precise in every detail. For myself, I
settled the issue long ago of whether I was going to build a model railroad or
a museum. Please understand that this is in no way a criticism of anyone's
efforts on either end of the broad spectrum of model railroading. It is
actually one of the aspects of this great hobby that I enjoy immensely....the
fact that we can all approach it from a different perspective, but from one
which satisfies our individual desires.

So, DRale, keep those E7's rolling. I'll admire yours....and I'll also admire
the finescale reproductions. In the meantime, I'll check out the new Walthers
car - if it looks good to me, I just may pick one up. Thanks for alerting me
to the introduction of a new Burlington model available.

I enjoy the list, guys.
Thanks, Dave, for your time and efforts.

Roger Hanson
Kansas City, MO