Fw: RS: Restored Burlington boxcar out of Fort Worth. . .

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fw: RS: Restored Burlington boxcar out of Fort Worth. . .
From: okt@j...
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 07:55:29 -0600
--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Kooistra, Blair E" <wallcloud@m...>
Wednesday's HFTWLAU1-13 out of Fort Worth was far more interesting than
just
the NS 9280 on the point. . . the 17th car was a guest of honor, none
other
than RBBQ 77175, the last Burlington Route painted insulated boxcar left
on
the BNSF. In honor of its heritage, the car had been freshly painted in
its
dark green (and I believe yellow strip) scheme not too long ago. The car
is
in a pool of insulated boxcars assigned to the large Coors factory
complex
in Golden, Colorado.

I understand this car has been promised to the Colorado Railroad Museum
in,
fittingly, Golden, Colorado. I don't know if presentation to the museum
is
imminent or not, but those who trace cars might want to keep an eye on
it,
because as thirsty as Texicans are, it is likely to be back this way with
another load of Colorado Kool-Aid.

blair kooistra