New Waycar

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: New Waycar
From: drale99@a...
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 11:02:20 EST
The Walthers caboose looks close, but has wrong windows in the cupola, wrong
trucks, wrong brakewheels. Needs to have suspended toolbox removed from
underside. Can't find my book on waycars of the Burlington to confirm this,
but don't think either 30' length or 26' length is correct. (I think 3 wdw
waycars were 28 footers).
I have kitbashed a whole fleet of these things, using Athern and roundhouse
cabooses, which required much more reworking than the new Walthers version
should require. For a good Q waycar, get the Laser-Cut Wood Caboose Kit
shown on page 7 of Walthers Spring Sale Catalog. That's a great kit!