Re: [BRHSlist] Information on CB&Q line

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Information on CB&Q line
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 11:53:52 -0600
bn7080 wrote:

> Hi All,
> I'm looking for information on the Galesburg to West Quincy mian line
> in 1968. I'm hoping to build an operating model layout of this area.
> Points of interest are train schedules, Types of trains ie: grain,
> coal.

Randy,

I think a number of your questions can be answered by purchasing from
the society the Operating Data Sheets book that was published 2 years
ago. The BRHS web site indicates copies are still available. The sheets
are from 1968, so they are exactly in the time frame you want. They
include information about each freight (main and locals), where the
consists were worked, the priorities of the consists, tonnage limits,
and connection information.

I also might be able to help you in regards to track layouts etc.
Contact me off-list.

Bill