CW Combine Model I.D.

To: "'BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com'" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: CW Combine Model I.D.
From: Roger & Sylvia Hanson <hansons@b...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:19:08 -0600
I am the receipient of an older HO scale model which is a fair
representation of a Q CW6 combine and would like some help in identifying
it. The underframe is wood with metal queenposts and metal bolster plates
- nice Central Valley sprung trucks. The roof appears to be a Northeastern
milled clearestory type but with a Silver Streak style metal cupolo casting
and wood roof walks & brass wire stancions and rail. The end platforms are
a one piece casting for the end (with arch top door), end sills and steps -
with the entire casting being affixed to the end of the body. The sides
are embossed cardstock with cast metal windows and baggage doors inserted.
Brass ladder stock and brass wire grabs complete the model. Kadee #5's
have been added.
First - does anyone have any idea of the manufacturer or the appoximate
vintage of this model?
Second - It was assembled and painted rather poorly, and I am very
seriously considering tearing it down for parts and rebuilding it into a
CW6 by building new sides; adding the proper windows, cupola, grabs,
letterboard, etc. - hoping to salvage the end castings and the underframe
and rehab the roof.
Any thoughts on the rebuild? - also, any suggestions on sources for parts?
(baggage doors and windows particularly).
Thanks for the help.

Roger Hanson
Kansas City, Missouri