Athearn Assembled Waycar

To: "BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Athearn Assembled Waycar
From: Ralph Brown <cbq682@g...>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 19:40:01 -0600
To all:

It seems the BRHS List is a good place to get product reviews for CB&Q
models. I purchased an Athearn CB&Q waycar today. This is a wide
vision version, and the model is already assembled. I am not a big
Athearn fan but for those of us on a tight budget, this is a really nice
car. It is similar to the NE-13 class waycar. However, the window
placement is not exact. Athearn took the time to assemble the car and
paint the molded on grab irons. The car also has plastic handrails on
the car ends. Again, for a low price car, these features are nice. It
also has blacked metal wheels. It has the long red and black stripe
with the red and black square patches on the ends. The paint, herald,
and lettering is very sharp and crisp. For a not so picky modeler, this
is good looking car. I only paid $11.95 at my local hobby shop. I have
never been a big Athearn fan, but it looks like they are raising their
standards. Good for them.

Ralph W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL