RE: [BRHSlist] 1940 Texas Zephyr

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] 1940 Texas Zephyr
From: "Charlie Vlk" <charlie@k...>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 14:13:30 -0600
The sleepers were rebuilt heavyweight "Betterment" Pullmans....the Crest and
Range series. There was one of each series on the two trains. The rest of
the consist was Budd Stainless Steel, built for the C&S/FW&D for this train.
Same deal on the Zephyr Rocket....the CB&Q car was Zephyr Tower, the RI car
Rocket Tower; they were similar but not identical cars, the Zephyr Tower was
rebuilt similar to the TZ cars with full skirts, drop step vestibules, and a
streamstyled roof to blend into lightweight car profiles.
Charlie

http://webmail.netscape.com/