Re: [BRHSlist] RE: author/journalist seeking advice

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: author/journalist seeking advice
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:19:12 EST
There is a book .....My memory is a total blank now, but maybe something will
come up...regarding the Pullman Porter and his role in the areas mentioned.

It may be the biography of A. Phillip Randolph, who if memory serves, was the
guy who attempted to organize the porters....

I always thought that whatever the book was it would be interesting reading,
but I never got around to it.

Maybe this will spark a memory with someone else.

On the Rock Island as the diners and sleepers were eliminated the company
retrained some of these guys for clerical and other jobs, but that's been
going on 40 years ago.

A long retired passenger conductor might be a lead to a sleeping car
employee.

If you could find one it's like prospecting for insurance or other business
that one might lead you to others.

There....I really didn't say anything, but, I'd be really interested in
seeing a book along the lines proposed.

Pete