Outside Braced Boxcars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Outside Braced Boxcars
From: <sdoyle19@i...>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:23:38 -0600
Hi,
I've just joined this List, and noted the conversation about outside-braced
boxcars and color schemes other than mineral red.. As an S-scaler of the Q, I
know S-Helper did a single-sheathed outside braced boxcar (#25231) in the
mid-90s for both CB&Q and C&S that was Chinese red with the older scheme of
Everywhere West, not Burlington. Spoor's book on p.42 seems to indicate a
brighter-red color than mineral red (albeit heavily weathered) with the older
CB&Q logo. SHS is usually pretty particular about its research, but it may have
gotten the colors wrong on this particular one, although other roads were
offered in different colors including tuscan or oxide red.
BTW, anyone else out there model the Q in S-Scale?
Anyway, great list - fun to read.
Stephen Doyle
Twin Cities