Casper Depot & Freighthouse

To: "BRHSlist" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Casper Depot & Freighthouse
From: "Richard Patterson" <rpatter@t...>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 08:57:04 -0700
BRHS Listers,
First, I am trying to locate some information and source material for a
modeling project. I have a number of good photos and measurements of the Casper
depot from "Burlington Bulletin" #37 (the Burlington Boxes Issue). However,
There are very few street (south side) photos of the building. Specifically, I
am trying to date the installation of the large "Burlington Railroad Station"
sign on that side. It is white with red block letters and I believe I recall
first noticing it in about 1962/3, although you know how inaccurate memory can
be. The sign is still there, though much faded.

Next, I am also trying to locate photos, diagrams, or any other information
about the adjacent (east of the depot) freight house. It was a brick structure
with a two-story office on the west end and the warehouse on the east end.
Railcars were spotted on the north side and truck docks were on the south. I
walked through it in 1995 or 1996 and it was torn down shortly thereafter.
Unfortunately I didn't have a camera the day I was there. At that time it was
empty and had been in use as a "hobo hotel."

Last, I would like to locate track diagrams for the Casper Yard, circa
1920-1970.

Any help, leads, or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick Patterson
Worland, Wyoming