Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Budd Passenger Car Models

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Walthers Budd Passenger Car Models
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:17:38 EST
d.cameron@s... writes:

> Duncan,

The dinner in the diner aboard you Zephyr Rocket if you use the Walthers Budd
Diner will be in a New York Central Diner. The NYC Car that Walthers used was
built in 1947 and the NYC called them "Grill Diners". According to the decal
sheet from Walthers the origional NYC numbers, 450-465 so there were 16 cars.
The model is very fine indeed, however it lacks any skirting, which is
prototype for the NYC cars. Since my RI book is borrowed out right now... I
am not sure if it is close to any diner on the Rock Island.

I hope this helps.

Loren