Re: SD7's for Power and Speed....Section Section....No signals

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: SD7's for Power and Speed....Section Section....No signals
From: "liljop" <wulrich@a...>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 05:25:54 -0000
> If any of you are familiar with the layout at Fairmont, our engine
would be
> about under the Hwy 81 overpass and the waycar down near the depot,
with our
> train stretched through the yard after making a few doubles with me
on top
> near the head end with lantern and fusee. I haven't yet mentioned
that we
> were still handling railway express and cream cans. We usually had
quite a
> few cans as well as company mail to load in the waycar...one of the
converted
> motorcars...I never wrote down the number....woe is me...
>

> Pete

pete,
thanks for the tale, very interesting. pete, usually was a bucket in
the nose for the odd man out (4th man) to set on. interesting the Q
using a layed off UP fireman. yeah, getting beans is an important
task. will always find that place to eat. got to get that final
terminal. remember going so slow, would of had to of got off and
drive stakes to see if we were moving. again thanks for the story,
brings back memories

warren