Re: [BRHSlist] Re: question (revised) SD 7's

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: question (revised) SD 7's
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 19:39:51 EST
Dave and listers

I did some preliminary rummaging today in search of information on the
(400-411) series SD7's. I did find the photos of the funeral train I
observed at Nishnabotna and Langdon MO in January 1954. I'll make some
copies of the photos I have and send them along to you Dave and you can
decide whether you want to use them.

Here's the consist as my dad recorded it that dreary January afternoon in
1954.

BURLINGTON LOCAL FREIGHT NO. 91...(EXTRA 404 NORTH)
January 14, 1954
Nishnabotna Mo.
1:30-1:50pm

Engine No. 404 SD7

Great Northern 49823 boxcar

Burlington 12250
boxcar

Burlington 11559
boxcar

Union Pacific 475129 boxcar

Burlington 76781
coal car

Steam Engine 4999 2-8-2

Steam Engine 5146 2-8-2

Burlington 76085
coal car

Steam Engine 4982
2-8-2

Steam Engine 5137
2-8-2

Burlington 72356
coal car

Steam Engine 5126
2-8-2

Burlington 76309
coal car

Burlington 14599
way car

I've got photos of the 404 heading in with the train at the South Switch at
Nishna and one with the crew posed (including road foreman) on the
runningboard behind the cab of the 404. Also a couple of the train
approaching Langdon.

What I'll do is make copies of the pix that might be possibilities at Kinko's
so you can see what they are...their color machine does pretty good. Then if
you want the originals I can get them to you subject to contract signed in
blood to return them.

I think that I may be able to come up with a few more SD 7's on the St. Joe,
but just wanted to let you know what the potential is.

Let me have your USPS address and I'll get the copies in the mail soon.

Pete