Steam Loco ID

To: "BRHS" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Steam Loco ID
From: "Bob Weber" <eng95@a...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:47:44 -0800
Anyone know the manufacturer and source of photos of the large steam engines
the Q used to pull mile long coal trains out of Centralia, IL to Beardstown? As
an operator in the 50's I had to hand up train orders to those beasts which at
night their size, bright head light and blowing cinder ballast as the engine
passed used to scare the hell out of me. It was the reason I hated the second
shift at Concord, IL. Anyway, I think they were referred to as M1 or M2
engines. Anyone?