RE: [BRHSlist) RPO model

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist) RPO model
From: "David E. Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 11:16:12 -0600
Phil has been experiencing problems posting messages to the list, so I am
forwarding some that he wanted to post until we figure out why he cannot do
this himself....

David Lotz
(314-846-8632
* E-mail: Dave_Lotz@m...

Duncan -
For many years I've used drain cleaning lye to strip paint off plastic,
brass, and cast zamak models. Red Devil or Lewis lye should be available in
the plumbing section of your hardware store. Crystal Draino does NOT work.
Get a Pyrex glass loaf pan or a good plastic tray large enough to lay the
model in, fill with warm water, add a spoonful or two of lye, and wait a day
or two (depends on the paint). Protect your eyes with goggles or good safety
glasses (same rule applies with brake fluid). Use tongs to remove the model
from the lye, rinse with hot water, let dry, and you're pretty much ready to
paint. Do NOT use lye in an aluminum pan or on aluminum parts or extruded
aluminum bodies. When you're done doin' what you're doin' just dump the lye
down the drain for sparkling clean pipes! QuincyPAW