Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Passenger horn sound

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: Passenger horn sound
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:03:04 EST
In a message dated 1/31/02 3:17:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PIXELS@A... writes:

> One gentlemen showed me how, when whistling for a grade
> crossing, he used both horns for the first two sounds, the city
> horn for the short sound, and only the leslie for the final sound.
> Twas quite a performance.....

Add to that when I was a young boy.....

My father was born and raised in Earlville IL. We used to go down there to
see his Aunt Suzy every once in awhile. Her house was across the street from
teh Q mainline on the east end of town. I remember the afternoon parade of
Zephys, they would blow for the grade crossings. Many of the guys would start
at the east end of town and hold the cord down all the way through town. That
was a sound! Of course the trains were through town in a matter of almost
seconds.

Loren