Re: [BRHSlist] Mars lights

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Mars lights
From: Don Zinnecker <dzinnecker@j...>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:48:10 -0600
Hubert,

One of my earliest 'railfan' memories was accompanying my Grandfather to
the depot platform in Sutton, Nebraska around 11:00 p.m. to wait for the
eastbound Denver Zephyr. We parked east of the depot and couldn't see
what was approaching from the west. But, as the DZ approached, the mars
light would flash against the sides of the grain elevators across the
tracks from the depot. Then suddenly and quickly the stainless steel
train would speed by in a silver blur,.....and be gone. - DLZ