Re: [BRHSlist] RPO model

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RPO model
From: drale99@a...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:58:32 EST
I have a sizable fleet of passenger cars, mostly Rivarossa, all repainted
passenger green (my own mix. The off-the-shelf pass. greens don't satisfy
me). All of these I have painted directly over the original paint, often
requiring extreme change in color, without any problems. The overpainting
has resulted in finishes very satisfactory to me, and I'm quite particular.
All I do is wash the shells with soap and warm water, leave the old paint on
there, and airbush a new color over the original. I have done the same thing
with some of my old diesel locos which have similarly taken the new coats of
paint with fine results. Some of this equipment has had many years of hard
use, and the finish has proven very durable.