Help from some Hannibal area folks

To: BRHSlist <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Help from some Hannibal area folks
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@a...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:09:38 -0600
I could use some help from some listers than are long time Hannibal area
residents.

Fellow BRHS'er Lenny Ohrnell has tracked down a source with a photograph
of Hannibal Connecting S-1 604 taken at Hannibal in 1962. Click on this
link to see the picture: http://donross.railspot.com/dr0102/hc604.jpg .
There is also a roster listed.

Since the picture is in black and white, what are the colors on the
locomotive? The scheme looks to be the standard Alco curved stripe and
may of been carried over from it's previous owner Newburgh and South
Shore. In Morning Sun's Alco Color Photography book shows a Newburgh and
South Shore T6 in a indentical paint scheme to the black and white
picture. The stripe is bright yellow, the herald under the window green
stenciling and the dark areas being a dark green (not quite as dark as
Empire Builder green). Also am I right in assuming that the HC herald
under the cab window would then be green rather than black?

Thanks,

Bill