Re: [BRHSlist] 9904-9907 Question

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] 9904-9907 Question
From: PSHedgpeth@a...
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:14:24 EST
Dave and list

I spoke to Wes Haas who is a BNSF Diesel Supervisor and quite knowledgeable
re Diesel units, old and new regarding the question of the location of the
red Mars light in the shovel nose units. Someone...I think it was you, Dave
asked the question regarding this a few days ago.

The answer on here was that the red light was in the oscillating portion of
the headlight. As Red Skelton used to say..."That just didn't sound right to
me"....Wes tells me that in the Shovel nose units the red light was in the
stationary part of the headlight, but starting with the E units the red light
was part of the oscillating part of the headlight.

If some of you guys don't agree, or if it's a matter of some importance. Wes
is on here and will probably read this. Quiz him....

Pete