Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Please help me identify this item

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Please help me identify this item
From: BNJohn@a...
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 01:11:12 EST
In a message dated 1/9/02 10:25:44 PM Central Standard Time,
Dave_Lotz@m... writes:

> BRHS Listers,
>
> I've posted the three files Jack sent to the files area of the BRHSlist. If
> you know anything about CB&Q china, please take a look and help us identify
> what these are. The file names on the BRHSlist files area are:
>
> Back CBQR Buffalo China3.jpg
> CBQRR Buffalo China1.jpg
> CBQRR Buffalo China 2.jpg
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dave Lotz
> BRHS Archives

Dave,
This china is Violets and Daisies, Exclusive use, base white. Pattern-purple
violets and white daisies with yellow centers. Sometimes back stamped
Bauscher/Buffalo/Syracuse. A very common stock pattern that was produced for
many years by Syracuse and the others. Syracuse also produced the pattern in
a "thinware" syralite version which was sold through their household
dinnerware division. Some Bauscher pieces are marked "decorated seconds" and
that is exactly what they are.

John Lee
St.Louis,MO